Program Manager SLS/ILS
Program Manager is responsible for overall management and administration of ETTA’s Supported Living Services and Independent Living Services, Regional Center Program which provide services to enable adults with special needs to live fully enriched and active lives as members of the Los Angeles Jewish Community.
The Program Manager will provide our clients with the highest quality of care and support. ETTA has an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity—employees are expected to perform their duties and responsibilities to our high standard of quality.
Manager will be designated as responsible and accountable for the management and administration of the program.
Responsible for potential clients; including review of referral packets, assessing the client and coordinating with consumer’s counselor at the regional center.
Responsible for implementing and monitoring each client’s program and services according to the program design.
Develop and maintain program curriculum.
Maintain client records using web based program.
Oversee all compliance with Regional Center requirements. Included but not limited toimplementation of client rights.
Participate in Regional Center IPP meetings, family meetings and staff meetings.
Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, hiring, managing, disciplinary actions and terminations of program staff.
Develop staff schedule and monitor compliance.
Maintain staff personnel records using web based program.
Provides in- service meetings/trainings in accordance with Title 17, Title 22, Regional Center contracts, program design, and individual program plans and participates in trainings, including New Hire Orientation.
Notify of any special incident to direct supervisor immediately.
Ultimately responsible for health and safety of all individuals in the program.
Maintain adequate supplies, materials, food and emergency equipment to meet program needs.
Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports.
Prepare program budget reports as needed.
Prepare monthly Regional Center reports, including analyze expenditures to ensure target for funding.
Participates in all meetings and behavioral and skill training as required by program.
Provide direct service to clients; cover DSP when needed.
Attend meetings and fairs to market services.
Maintain a regular schedule.
Prepare for audit.
Perform all related responsibilities as requested by the Operational Director.
Notify Operational Director of unexplained consecutive absences by the consumer.
Available for on call services.
In order to perform these functions, the Manager must meet the following qualifications:
· Able to legally work in the United States.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Pass a background screening through Live Scan.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· A Minimum of 3 years experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
· A minimum 3 years experience in supervising, training and managing staff.
· Able to provide 3 verifiable non-family references including 1 previous employer.
· Pass a TB screening with a “negative” report.
· Must have knowledge and ability to support observant Jews within their community.
· High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience or supervisory experience over social work, child care, and/or support staff providing direct services to individuals in any licensed agency or facility.
· Must have up to date CPR/First Aid certification.
· Must meet the qualifications of a driver as established by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance coverage, received clearance through a DMV printout and have a dependable and reliable transportation.
· Pass routine evaluations pass drug screening.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
Because of the essential duties and responsibilities of the Manager position, employees must:
· Dress in a conservative and professional manner consistent with the culture of the company.
· Be able to lift up to 10 pounds, be able to walk, bend, squat, turn in the knees, back, wrists and shoulders, and grasp with both hands (in order to properly perform the techniques taught in CPR/First Aid, and Lifting and Carrying Techniques).
· Able to see and hear with or without correction.
· Able to speak, read, and write English proficiently.
· Able to respond effectively to the most sensitive matters.
· Able to present oneself in an effective, persuasive, and professional manner during controversial or complex topics.
· Able to complete the ETTA’s training programs and successfully pass associated tests to meet competency requirements.
· Knowledge and ability to support observant Jews within their community according to the clients level of practice.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Effective communication skills both oral and written.
While working as a Manager, employees may be required to deal with the following conditions:
· unconventional schedules including nights and weekend, to meet client need;
· possible exposure to blood borne pathogens;
· Possible exposure to profanity and/or offensive behavior from the clients.
Depending on qualifications
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rewarding Positions Working with Adults with Disabilities Now Open
ETTA is looking for caring, responsible people to fill full time, part time, and substitute positions working with individuals with developmentally disabilities in residential, day program, and 1:1 settings. Provide life coaching, support, camaraderie and fun.
Full training is provided.
If you are looking for a fulfilling and meaningful job, we encourage you to apply. Former and current staff members describe working at ETTA as “life changing,” “inspiring,” and “wonderful.”
-- Flexible hours
-- Overnight and weekend shifts available (Shabbat observed)
-- High school diploma or equivalent required
-- Minimum 21 years of age
-- Valid CA driver’s license and vehicle required
-- Previous experience preferred, but not required
-- Pay scale is hourly and DOE
Please send your resume, and brief statement of why you are interested in working with people with disabilities, to email@example.com. Please include your email and phone number. If we are interested in your application, you will be contacted for an interview.
ETTA seeks Shomer Shabbat men, women, and couples for Shabbat duty in our men and co-ed group homes. Located in the Valley near Chabad, Shaarey Zedek and other shuls. 6 residents. On-duty from approximately 4 PM Friday to midnight Saturday night. Duties: assisting residents in the observance and celebration of Shabbat; walking to shul; socializing; and ensuring the safety and well-being of the residents. Must be a US citizen and should be available to work at least one Shabbat per month. Background clearance and training will be required. Respond by email for further information.
Compensation: Paid position.
To apply or for more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org call Aaron at 818-785-2054.
Director of Operations
Job Title: Director of Operations
Agency: Etta Israel Center (ETTA)
Location: Los Angeles, California
Unique and exciting opportunity for an energetic and creative individual to serve as Director of Operations at ETTA. This key senior level manager will oversee a variety of existing residential and community based programs for individuals who have special needs as well as have an integral role in the expansion of programs and services. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker, whose leadership will bring direction and vision to Etta’s ever expanding agency. Responsibilities include:
· Supervision of clinical, managerial and direct care staff. Manage at least five managers and 50 total employees.
· Knowledge of Title 17 & Title 22; significant experience with Regional Center; Experience with Adult Residential Facilities as well as non-residential services for individuals with developmental disabilities (including Supported Living Services, Independent Living Services, and Job Development)
· Oversee program development and regulatory compliance,
· Work effectively with clients, families, community leaders and outside government bodies.
Individual should have significant clinical and supervisory experience, proven leadership ability, superior communication and writing skills, and be computer proficient. Minimum of ten years of managerial and supervisory experience working with persons with developmental disabilities. Minimum of five years of managerial and supervisory experience in positions of increasing authority and responsibility required. Knowledge of Jewish community essential. Master’s degree preferred.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume as a single MS Word formatted attachment to email@example.com; include “Director Operations” and your name in the subject line of your email.